Keyboard Encounters is Yamaha’s innovative course of piano-style instruction where tradition and technology meet in harmony.
How long will it take me to play? You’ll play simple pieces from the very first day! In the coming weeks you’ll learn……
- Songs in all styles that you’ve always dreamed of playing, including popular, classical, country, blues and jazz
- Fingerobics – Special keyboard exercises that develop finger dexterity
- Music reading, notation and theory
- Ensemble playing – group musical experiences that help develop your own playing skills
- How to plan and evaluate your progress
Why learn in a group? Playing in a group is musically satisfying.
Most music is performed in groups, such as bands, orchestras and choirs. Learning together strengthens individual rhythm skills and listening habits and develops confidence. Keyboard Encounters students who wish to share their music with the rest of the class will have the opportunities to perform solos.
Yamaha is a long-standing musical pioneer:
Yamaha created its first keyboard in 1887. Since 1954, Yamaha music schools and courses have helped people of all ages learn how to play, while a wide range of innovative Yamaha musical instruments have made music more fun to play. Keyboard Encounters benefits from Yamaha’s unparalleled education and product development experience to help everyone-regardless of age, ability, or prior knowledge – find musical satisfaction.